My name is François, I’m a french guy living in Japan. I worked 5 years for a big french automotive company as an System Analyst/Engineer somewhere deep in Saitama. Now I’ve moved on to a nicer setting in downtown Tokyo for a French (again…) software company.
Here are a few facts about me:
- I’m a co-founder of the successful french website MacBidouille.com
- It has spawned an english version at HardMac.com
- I’m bilingual in french and english thanks to studying at EABJM in Paris as a kid
- There, I also studied japanese for 9 years, but I could barely make a sentence before coming to Japan
- I graduated with an Engineering degree (major in Information Systems) in September 2004
- After that I worked as a freelance web application developer to pay for my numerous travels around the world, all the while looking for a good job in Japan
- I finally found it and moved to Japan in November 2005 with a 2 year contract
- I was hired in Nov. 2007 in that same big French company, working on R&D Information Systems
- In May 2011, I grew tired of the Japanese countryside and the lousy economic prospects of the automotive industry so I took a job at a software company in downtown Tokyo.
Other links of interest: